The last day at Trailerpark can be divided in to three parts. Toro Y Moi, Caribou and Trailerpark Allstars.
Around 9 o'clock I was starting to get psyched for the Toro Y Moi concert as I was hoping that the crowd would have built up momentum for a final big bang. When it was 21:15 and the band still hadn't arrived on stage I was beginning to get skeptical. At 21:50 the concert was over and the band had only played for 35 minutes. And the hadn't done a very good job at all. The didn't even play their biggest hit Leave Everywhere, they didn't even sacrifice the least bit of energy to the crowd and therefore the crowd gave nothing back and I feared that we were back at day one with the ambiance. And then I was ready to Leave Everywhere.

Lead singer of Toro Y Moi: Chazwick Bundick
But, I didn't instead I stayed and got my mind blown away by Caribou. This was an amazing concert and Caribou gave the hipsters the wake-up call that they needed. They gave their all with their drumming letting out a massive surge of energy through his pounding of drums, one of the most charismatic and skillful drummers that I have seen live to this day. And although the drummer was extraordinary, the thing which surprised me the most was the multi-talented lead singer, playing keyboard one minute, drums and guitar the next. Especially when he played the drums giving the band a drum duo hitting on each others drums I was awestruck.

Caribou
And so were the hipsters, ready to bruk out on this final evening of Trailerparking, so when the host revealed that they had Trentemöller playing a dj-set with the Trailerpark Allstars (Trentemöller was not listed on the program) a rush went through the audience. Trentemöller is unique in his way of having a major mainstream breakthrough and still being loved and worshiped by the Indiesphere. Therefore the expectations were enormous, but he did not let us down. Instead he managed to mix it up with Djuna Barnes and Fagget Fairies in a way that had the party going crazy. It was not rise and fall or up and down. It was on hyperactive, monstrous climb ridden so fast and heavily that supreme happiness was inevitable.
So the total picture of Trailerpark ended up being a good one. I was annoyed at hipsters at times, and the fact that the Trailerpark administration rated all the concerts themselves in a totally uncritical manner was rather unprofessional. But all in all Trailerpark had its moments which was enough to make it a hell of a good weekend.
-Brimiful out
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar