torsdag den 11. februar 2010

Why chalk-art is so amazing

This post is dedicated to DDAAKKOOTTAA. Since Lau has honered me by making a drawing for me, I feel I must explain why it is such a great honour. Chalk-art is, as far as I know, a new genre, created by Lau himself. The reasons that I think it is a beautiful artform are many.

I think that the elusiveness and transcience of a chalk drawing makes it very special to be the viewer of a piece of chalk artwork. Because the artwork is drawn in chalk it is easily erased by rain, other pieces of chalk or a nasty government. When you see a chalk drawing you therefore know, that the possibility that you will be the last person to see it is remarkable. It is even possible that the only people who will ever see it is you, and the artist. Unless it is photographed of course. Although this possibilty exist, seeing a piece of chalk artwork is a special thing. You will know when laying your eyes on such a drawing, that is a pleasure reserved for only a few people. Seeing it is a luxury only granted to a small amount of people. It resembles the luxury of fantastic music before it goes mainstream, except with chalk-art, you know that each particular piece will not exist for long enough to go mainstream.

The reserved group of people who have seen a chalk-drawing will have this drawing in common. A common denominator which will be unatainable for the rest of the world.

This is the beauty of chalk-art. Thank you Lau, for giving it to us.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar