tirsdag den 9. februar 2010

The genres of blogging

Today I was asked the following question by alternablogger (to be explained) Lauritz: "What is an alternablog*?"

Since Lau writes an alternablog, and doesn't know what an alternablog is, I believe I must enlightened the World. I guess it is fair if he does not know what an alternablog is, since I invented the word, and explained it really poorly to him.

So I give to you Lau, future students needing to analyse blogs (see previous post), and the rest of the world: The genres of blogging

Diary blogs: known to some as the weed of the World Wide Web, diary blogs are mainly used by suburban families to give an everyday description of their mostly not so interesting life. For blog analysts: The reason for diary blogging is the fear of going on to the after life with out having left any trace behind.

Alternablogs: blogs by hipsters/alts/artsies/indiekids. These are the new way of creative communication. A way of getting a breakthrough in the modern world and connections in the alt-world. Alternablogs can contain everything. Most readworthy blogs out there are alternablogs. (http://ddaakkoottaa.blogspot.com/)

Music blogs: these are often also categorized as alternablogs. Music bloggers upload tracks that they think are relevant. The alt and wannabe-alt societies rely on these blogs to keep their lust for the hippest music at bay. (http://goingotherplaces.com/)

Philosoblogs: philosophic ramblings of hipsters and intellectuals, their ideas most likely not relevant to others than themselves. If they were my guess is they wouldn't need to blog about it. At least not today, but maybe in the future.

Politiblogs: a place for political ideas to get out. Used by spin doctors, politicians and supporters as a less obvious form of publicity.

Photoblogs: another common form of alternblog. The essence of the photoblogs lies in the name of it. Photographers upload their art giving pleasure to the people.

Funnyblogs: the meaning of these blogs appear to be entertainment and their existence are often not valid. Though if a funnyblog suceeds with its' objective of enjoyment it is a very giving experience. (http://imimb.blogspot.com/)

Skizoblogs: these blogs have multiple personalities and do not know which of the above they belong to. They change themes somewhat at random, similar to a girl that time of month (sorry girls). These blogs will be the most challenging for future blog analysts.(http://suburbansupernova.blogspot.com/)

I believe most blogs to be alternablogs to at least some degree, some more than others obviously. http://ddaakkoottaa.blogspot.com/ is a great, certified, artsy alternablog in my eyes.

This post ended up being much more extensive than I had wanted it to. Sorry, I guess. Too much text, too few pics. Once again, sorry.

*An expression used in the second post of this blog called The Blogosphere

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar