The assignment tells me that it is of great importance, that I emphasize the modernist and genre specific features in both poems. This genre thingy gets me a bit depressed, because it makes me think of the future of analysis and interpretation. The students to come will be in a great deal of trouble for the World will test them with a new genre. THE BLOG.
Most likely to be considered a relevant form of litterature in a few years future-high schoolers will have the hardest piece of analysis on their hands. Because to solve the mystery will be as hard for future youngsters as it was for ancient greeks to solve the riddles of the sphinx.
The riddles of the sphinx will be considered easy compared to interpreting the meaning of blogs.Students will be helpless when questioned by the pretending-to-be-smart-teachers ask them, what the "message" or what the "intention" of a post is. Because a blog is really just a runoff for the blogger to spill whatever meaningful/useless soon-to-be-litterature is has bottled up inside.
What I'm trying to say is, that I'm glad I'm up after midnight analyzing poems rather than blogs, because my god is that going to feel like being Sisyphos, though instead of carrying a rock up a hill for all eternity you'll be analyzing something unanalyzable.
So hail to The Blogosphere for supplying work for generations to come.
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar